% Response.Redirect "http://futuresconference2018.wordpress.com/" %>
Welcome to Futures Conference 2018:
– SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND ENERGY IN TRANSITION
13–14 June 2018 │ Tampere │ Finland
The forthcoming 19th Futures Conference of the Finland Futures Research
Centre, University of Turku
will focus on the futures of sustainable development and energy issues under a title ‘Energizing Futures’’.
To understand the governance challenges of sustainable development and energy, we need multidisciplinary, multi-level and time-variant analysis of various issues.
Renewable and non-renewable primary energy sources, their transformation into useful energy carriers (such as fuels, electricity, and heat),
environmental impacts of energy transformation processes during the whole value chain, energy exports and imports, energy markets and the price of energy carriers,
energy end-use patterns and consumer behavior, energy and resource efficiency, as well as energy policies are important elements of local,
national and international energy systems.
- What are the main challenges of sustainable futures in an era of
- How to create sustainable energy policies in Europe and elsewhere in the World?
- What is the role of futures studies in sustainable development and in identifying opportunities for a fair, efficient and resilient energy system?
‘Energizing Futures’ conference aims to generate multidisciplinary,
stimulating and critical discussions
that promote networking between people interested in energy issues from different backgrounds.
We are looking forward to meet you in Tampere, Finland on 13–14 June 2018!
We welcome you to share your findings, ideas, results and thoughts on (but not limited to) these key topics:
1. Theory and practice of energy and resource efficiency and sufficiency
2. Renewable energy policies and sustainability in Europe and the World
3. Future prospects of carbon-neutral economy and its production structure and consumption patterns
4. Futures of carbon-neutral energy economy and policy at different levels
5. Technology foresight of sustainable energy systems
6. Challenges and opportunities for future energy governance
7. Methods and methodology of futures research on sustainability.
Abstract submission starts: August 2017 Deadline for the abstracts: 8
Notification of acceptance: 19 January 2018
Registration opens: January 2018
Early bird registration ends: 31 March 2018
‘Energizing futures’ is the 19th International Futures Conference of the
Finland Futures Research Centre, University of Turku.
The conference is organized in co-operation with the Finland Futures Academy and
the European Commission, Horizon 2020 project “European Futures of Energy Efficiency (EUFORIE)”.